Hundreds of physicians and nurses have taken COPE CME. Some are new to medical practice, others have been working for more than 20 years. Across these pages, you can find their personal reflections of COPE’s impact and value. They speak to five reasons to take COPE CME.
- Answers key questions regarding use of opioid medications: how to start, discontinue, or switch therapies; what dangerous drug-drug interactions to avoid; and how to safely handle dosing. COPE offers a comprehensive resource for common yet complex clinical challenges.
- Solutions to an urgent, pressing clinical problem. Practical strategies to improve provider-patient communication regarding treatment of chronic pain. Tools and information to help your patients live fuller lives and to make the best use of your limited time.
- The highest quality education from leading pain experts at the UW School of Medicine. COPE CME has been peer-reviewed and proven effective in a randomized controlled trial (Clin J Pain, 7/8/12). The International Association for the Study of Pain endorses COPE, and the U.S. government includes it in the National Registry of Evidence-Based Programs and Practices. It is accredited by the ACCME and awards up to four credits of CME.
- Information on all the main opioid pain mediations, including extended release oral dosage drugs containing hydromorphone, morphine, oxycodone, oxymorphone, or tapentadol; transdermal delivery systems using fentanyl and buprenorphine; and methadone tablets or liquid.
- Programs that benefit from the work of great partners, sharing the latest evidence-based practices, and improving the effectiveness of health providers everywhere to treat chronic pain, reduce risk, and restore lives.